Friday 29 April 2011

Personal Review of the second year

It has been a much harder year this time round, the workload has become more intense, projects more focused and technical work has become more complex. It is considerably different to the first year, which looking back is but a stepping stone in the entire process. I personally have felt this year, particularly towards the beginning that the transition was relatively easy. It was not until Christmas, reviewing my own work ethic and my coursework so far, that the second year mentality just wasn't there. Upon completing my second year, and comparing quality and quantity of my work over the two semesters, I can see that my attitude has changed drastically in the final stretch. Not just to complete the work necessary, but to achieve a high quality and broaden my artistic knowledge.

This also applies to my Group project. I felt my earlier self orientated projects such as the portrait and trash project, suffered from a single minded outlook on the process. The group project, and its team atmosphere somewhat motivated me to produce the work on time and to a consistent quality, If I failed I wasn't just disappointing myself, but the rest of the team, and the project as a whole would suffer. It was a refreshing experience and provided a very small taster as to what the working environment is really like.

Overall University offers you the opportunity to grow and prosper, but only if you grasp them. Without hard work and commitment, there will be no sufficient end result. This has been said to me repeatedly throughout my educational career, only now has it ever really had any value.

No comments:

Post a Comment